There are many steps involved in the process of buying and selling real estate. Although we may not see each one, here is an idea of how your agent is working for you to meet your needs.
- The agent is responsible to arrange advertising. This may involve in a local newspaper, or their website. Usually this is done in many places to ensure your home is seen by as many people as possible.
- Enter new listing into the computer system so your home officially becomes recognized as on the market.
- Arrange photos, interior and exterior for advertising. This may be for a feature sheet, or for a website.
- Put "for sale" sign up
- Respond to ad call enquires.
- Arrange an open house
- Set up appointments for viewing. Your real estate agent makes themselves available to show your home ASAP.
- Respond to feedback from showings. The buyer's agent will inform your selling agent how the showing went, and whether the potential buyer is interested in seeing your home again.
- Negotiate offers
- Qualify prospective buyers
- Arrange home inspection
- Ensures the conditional time frame placed on an offer is recorded and met
- Present offer to lawyers
- Change lawn sign to "sold"